Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Homeland Handicrafts - join us on our journey!

A little over a year ago a Peace Corps volunteer by the name of Zoe Armstrong asked me why I didn't have a project in Armenia for the creation of jobs through handicrafts, like I work on in Sri Lanka a couple months out of each year.  It was the kick in the pants I needed to start Homeland Handicrafts(HH).  One year and a bit later, we have had volunteers from the USA, Brazil, and Australia working for us, have participated in a half dozen different fairs, and most importantly of all, have about 40 jobs created.  This blog is intended to let you follow us as we make out trips to places like Chinchin, Nerkin Karmiraghbyur and Berd in Shamshadin and Goris and Kapan in Zangezeur, Syunik.  Hang on tight, it's a bumpy ride!

1 comment:

  1. great information on handicrafts,
    Awesome article! It's really informative. I'm rather impressed to read this nice content.

    Handicraft products

    ReplyDelete